Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

all tatted up & nowhere to go

The one thing my parents always say they will 100% disown me for is if I ever got a tattoo. In my dads words, "Even if you got one in the crack of your ass, I would find out and hunt you down." Ew. But he got his point across. I don't mind tattoos, if they're done the right way. A small tattoo that holds significant meaning to you is acceptable. When I say significant I mean a symbol or saying that means something to you. Not your boyfriend or girlfriend's name that you've only been dating for 4 months. I don't care if you think you're going to be together forever because you most likely will not be. I mean that with all due respect.

My good friend recently got a tattoo on the upper left hand of his back. Although it's a little larger than I think looks good and was in color (I'm a fan of only black), his tattoo was something that meant a lot to him. It was his mom's favorite flower with the saying "always and forever" and her initials in the petal of one of the flowers. To me, this tattoo is acceptable because his mom passed away and is in her honor. It's something he will always have to help remind him of her.


After he sent me a picture of his tattoo, I got inspired. Even if I wanted a tattoo, I don't think that I have the tolerance to get one so I went online to find how to make a temporary tattoo. Of course, I ended up on my favorite website: Pinterest. I found a post that said to draw a tattoo in Sharpie on your skin, rub baby powder on it & then spray hairspray over it all. Why not try it? I gathered the suggested materials and got to work. I wrote the word "believe"onto my inner wrist with a pen to make sure that I made the letters even and the right size. After I was happy with my work, I wrote over the pen in Sharpie, rubbed baby powder on top and sprayed it with a can of hairspray.



This was the result: 



When I showed my "tattoo"to my dad the first thing he says is, "Why did you write lesbian on yourself?" Thanks a lot dad. I thought I had done a damn good job at my tattoo. Even though it didn't look professional or real, I still felt like a badass sporting a "tattoo." The Pinterest post I had gotten the instructions from said that the temporary tattoo usually lasted up to a month. Mine was pretty much gone by the next morning. Even though my attempt was sort of a fail, I do strongly urge that people getting tattoos make a "fake" one first to make sure it's what they really want! 

No comments:

Post a Comment