Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

twerk it out

If you don't know what twerking is... oh boy are you in for a treat. Twerking is a type of dance. There's not an easy way to describe the dance move because it involves in extremely fast thrusting of the hips and shaking of the butt in every direction. I'm not sure who started the twerking trend or how it boomed into popularity, but now that it's here, it's here to stay! 

I knew about twerking because most people under the age of 25 know what twerking is. But by no means could I actually twerk. I tried to learn one night at a party with my friends, but looked like I was humping the air so I decided to call it quits. That is until I was on Vine the other night. 


My nightly ritual before I go to bed is to go on Vine (it's an app that allows users to create short, multi-scene videos). I always end up stumbling upon really funny users and stalking all of their previous videos. Two nights ago I came across the Vine user Terrell Cabral. He's a teenage boy who has a phenomenal talent for twerking. Him and his best friend Carlos Andrade (also a Vine user) have amazing videos of them dancing and twerking their asses off. I was seriously amazed by them! So I wrote #twerk in the Vine search engine and watched about an hours worth of short clips of being twerking. I was insanely jealous. Why can't my butt move and shake like that!? 


So tonight I enlisted my dad to help me learn how to twerk. Of course he kept pronouncing twerk incorrectly (saying torque instead) and thought I was going to break a bone attempting to wiggle like that. But since he can never say no to me (mwahahah), he agreed to watch YouTube videos to help teach me how to learn. We watched 3 videos and then it was time to  practice for real. He had decided to join in on the fun since he was intrigued with the whole thing. I think I improved minimally from my last attempt, but they say practice makes perfect, right?! I'm going to keep practicing the rest of the summer so hopefully by the time school starts, I can whip out my ass-jiggling new dance move at a frat party :)



Popular Twerking Songs:


Gas Pedal by Sage the Gemini

Twerk It by V.I.C.
Booty Me Down by Kstylis
Don't Drop That Thun Thun Thun by Finatticz
WOP by J Dash 


The Infamous Video of Miley Cyrus Twerking in a Unicorn Onesie






No comments:

Post a Comment