Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

is ombré fading?!

Okay, before I start writing this blog I just want to point out the cleverness of my title "is ombré fading!?" In case you don't know what ombré is it's a type of hairstyle where your hair fades from dark to light. So my title has a double entendre: ombré is actually your hair fading and I'm asking if the trend itself is fading. Get it?! I know, I know. I'm so clever.

Anyway, I recently read an article about whether or not the ombré trend is coming to an end. I'm not a health & beauty guru, although I wish I was, so I can't really answer the question with complete certainty. The trend seemed to really boom in the past year and half and although it may not be as common anymore (maybe because the wow factor of having ombré hair has gone down), people are still having their hair done in the ombré fashion.

My hair with ombré
I myself got wrapped into wanting ombré hair. I have straight light brown hair, which in my opinion is boring as can be. I do know that I sometimes take for granted how easy it is to care for my hair, but a little bit of change is necessary for everyone every once in a while. So I made an appointment at a local salon in Ann Arbor (that had been recommended to me by a close friend) to have my hair ombré'd (I'm not sure if that's a word, but you get what I mean).

My hair dresser was super nice and helpful and we decided on a dark honey blonde for my natural light brown hair color to fade into. I was happy with the results!

Then it all went downhill. Well, that's being a little dramatic. For the first couple of months my hair looked really good! It looked a tad bit awkward in a bun or ponytail because of the different colors, but oh well. It all went downhill when I went to Israel. We had to wear a hat everyday so the top of my head was covered (aka my natural light brown hair) and the bottom half of my hair was exposed (aka my faded blonde ombré). What happened was the ombré in my hair got extremely blonde so my hair was just light brown and honey blond. There was no fading. Just two blocks of color. Right when I got home I went to my hair salon and got the hair darkened so it was once again my normal color. Although I loved my ombré for a short while, I'm glad I'm back to being au natural!!

My "ombré" hair after Israel: just blonde & brunette, no fading

No comments:

Post a Comment