Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

monogram madness

My newest obsession is monograms. I love anything & everything that has a monogram on it. I know that monograms have been around forever and in the past have been considered more of a "preppy" look, but they are becoming increasingly trendy and mainstream nowadays. I've seen them on sweatshirts, coffee mugs, jewelry, ties, phone cases and backpacks. Pretty much anything you want can have a personalized monogramed design on it!

I was on Pinterest and came across a website where you can design you're own monogramed daily planner. And because I need one for school anyway, I decided to design one of my own to purchase. Even though the planner was only $17 (plus shipping) my mom pointed out that I'd been buying a little bit too much online lately (oops). She suggested that I make my own daily planner instead, which would be cheaper and fun to make.

The next morning I went to Walmart and bought a turquoise planner for $5. Even though it was plain, it was really cheap, the right size and I liked how the days, weeks, and months were arranged. It was perfect for my new craft! I spent the next couple of days scavenging through Pinterest like a mad woman trying to find a "how to make your own monogrammed daily planner" pin. I came across two sites, Southern Curls & Pearls and For Chic Sake, that helped me create my monogrammed daily planner and a monogrammed iPhone charger. Because I'm obsessed with what these websites helped me to create on my own, I'm going to include how I made both with detailed instructions!


Monogrammed Daily Planner
Materials: computer, color printer and a full sheet of sticker paper

1. First you have to click the link here . Scroll down to the bottom where it says Recommended and click on the pdf that has the colors you want for your monogram. The site may make you sign up for a scribd account, but it's very quick and easy. 



2. Download the pdf, but make sure that it opens in Adobe Reader and not preview otherwise it won't work! 
3. When it opens, scroll down to the second page where the monogram design is. Double click on the monogram that's currently there and delete it. 
4. Using NO spaces, type in the left letter (in lowercase), the middle letter (in uppercase) and the right letter (in lowercase)

5. Print by clicking the printer button. Make sure that you print in color and on a full sheet of sticker paper
6. Once you're monogram is printer out, peel the sticker and place it on top of your daily planner! Just a heads up, the design may be too big for your planner, but you can just cut out the monogram like I did for mine so that it fits correctly. 
My monogrammed daily planner :)

Monogramed iPhone Charger
Materials: computer, color printer and a full sheet of sticker paper

1. Once again, click on the link here. Instead of scrolling down, download the pdf that pops up with the link.
2. If you made the monogramed daily planner, it shouldn't ask you to resign into your scribd account. If you don't have a scribd account, it may ask you to create one, but it's simple and fast to do.
3. Once again, make sure that the downloaded pdf opens in Adobe Reader and not in Preview.
4. After you've opened the pdf in Adobe Reader, scroll down to the second page. There are two types of iPhone charger monogram stickers: script and block.
Block on top, Script on bottom
For Script Monogram:
Click on and highlight the existing monogram and delete it. Next, type with NO spaces the first letter in lowercase, the middle letter in uppercase and the last letter in lowercase.

For Block Monogram:
Click on and highlight the existing monogram and delete it. Next, type with NO spaces the first letter in lowercase and the middle letter in uppercase. Type in the last letter with the corresponding symbol or number (shown directly below).


A … 1 H … 8 O … % V … +
B … 2 I … 9 P … ^ W … {
C … 3 J … 0 Q … & X … }
D … 4 K … ! R … * Y … \
E … 5 L … @ S … ( Z … :
F … 6 M … # T … )
G … 7 N … $ U … -

For example: to have my monogram (cmr) show up, I'd type cM* into the block monogram space.
Note: the entire block monogram won't show up until all three letters are typed

5. Print by clicking the printer button. Make sure that you print in color and on a full sheet of sticker paper
6. Cut out the sticker that you want and wrap it around your charger! 





my completed monogram iPhone charger

Hope you enjoy these fun monogrammed crafts! Comment below with any questions, concerns or feedback :)



No comments:

Post a Comment