Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

long time, no blog

It's November 16th and I'm sitting on the 3rd floor of the undergraduate library feeling extremely overwhelmed studying for a Comm exam that's worth almost half of my grade in the class. So I decided to take a break so that I don't have a mental breakdown and start crying in the library and decided what better way to relax then to write a blog post! Considering I've been at school for 3 months and have yet to write one single post, I figured it was time to get myself back in the game. Killing two birds with one stone: avoiding studying and actually getting back into the habit of writing.

What have I been up to in the past three months that have inhibited me from writing in the Carly Chronicles?

Short answer: a lot.
Long answer:
me & my 52 roomies

  • I moved into my sorority house (go Chi O!) with 52 other girls
  • I've been to the hospital twice (once for a concussion, another time because I'm an idiot of epic proportions)
  • I signed my very first lease for the apartment I'm living in next year
    • side note: I also dealt with the drama of figuring out where I'm living next year and deciding if I wanted to run for a position in the house (which resulted in tearful phone calls to my mom)
  • I changed my major about 6 times.
    • the t-shirt I got for declaring my major
    •  I'm officially a declared History major and plan on declaring in Comm as well once I finish my prerequisites
  • I've gone to every Saturday morning football tailgate, but haven't attended a single Michigan football game
    • Sorry mom & dad, but I just don't like sports and I like making a profit on selling my tickets
  • I became a big and got two littles who I'm obsessed with (shout out to Maddy & Dana)
  • I've written 5 papers, taken 4 tests and written one short story
  • I've fallen in "luv" with about a million boys 
  • I've started (and caught up to) 7 TV shows
    • The Mindy Project, New Girl, Trophy Wife, Homeland, The White Queen, Chicago Fire, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • I discovered the best movie of all time… Before Sunset (go watch it, it'll change your life)
  • I've eaten an insane amount of sushi, picked up so many prescriptions at CVS that they all know my name and birthday, gone through two umbrellas because they flip in the rain and get stuck like that, spent probably too much money while online shopping in class & have gone through about 50 pens because they keep disappearing

saturday morning tailgates

In summary: I've had the most amazing sophomore year and it's not even halfway over yet (thank goodness). 

I'm going to try and regularly post on my blog because it's cathartic (that's a term I need to memorize for my comm test, so I guess I'm studying somewhat) and because I really do enjoy writing. My year has been hectic and crazy, which is stressful at times, but I'm loving school and couldn't be happier! Stay tuned because I'll be back soon (and it won't be another 3 months, I promise).

No comments:

Post a Comment